Today, we offer a quick overview of luxury watches that we can readily resell because of their brand reputation, celebrity owners, significance of the event when gifted, history of the company, or just plain good looks. The potential resell value of a luxury watch also depends on its condition, market demand, number of specific styles produced, year manufactured, and a variety of other factors. Many luxury watches increase in value over time.
The jewelry buyer must have considerable knowledge to assess the value of a luxury watch. For instance, there are markers both inside and outside of the watch that authenticate the maker. Specialty tools are required to open the watch to double-check its authenticity. The heft, or weighted feel, of the watch may also be an indicator of its value. In addition, the metals used in manufacturing, such as platinum, gold, rose gold, white gold, yellow gold, or stainless steel, will determine the value of the watch.
As you can see, there are many factors to consider when selling your luxury watch. We at Regal Estate Jewelry Buyers can un-complicate this process by offering service that is trusted, timely, and transparent. To help you make an informed decision when considering reselling your luxury watch, we have included a list of high-end designer brands that represent the finest in craftsmanship and that supersede lesser-quality timepieces.
- Rolex: Founded in 1905, famous for quality and value retention. This prestigious timepiece is present at status events such as golf, sailing, tennis, motor sport, and equestrian tournaments. Used as a military tool, this product allowed for the first synchronization of troops across Europe.
- Patek Philippe: Founded in 1851, hand-finished with skill. In 1868, Patek Philippe created the first Swiss wristwatch for Countess Koscowicz of Hungary. Aristocratic, noble, and scientific significance are the hallmarks of this timeless brand.
- Audemars Piguet: Founded in 1875, noted for artistry, chiming, time intervals, astronomy, and precise timekeeping. This watch represents 140 years of both traditional and avant-garde technical proficiency.
- Vacheron Constantin: Founded in 1755, featuring heritage and ingenuity with the exacting standards of fine watchmaking. This timepiece is an excellent investment in design, artistry, and tradition.
- Panerai: Founded in 1860, a submersible watch manufactured for the Royal Italian Navy from 1939-1993. It was originally engineered for extreme, prolonged, underwater conditions.
- Cartier: Founded in 1847, featuring artistic, innovative design. Louis Cartier began to incorporate precious gemstones in his exclusive watch designs, making his timepieces true works of art. In 1904, the Brazilian aviator, Alberto Santos-Dumont, complained to his friend Louis Cartier of the unreliability and impracticality of the pocket watch when flying. In response, Cartier designed a new type of watch to be worn on the wrist, a flat watch with a distinctive square bezel. The Santos watch was Cartier’s first men’s wristwatch. The Tank watch (shown below), which Cartier introduced in 1919, was inspired by the military tanks first used in World War 1.
- IWC Schaffhausen: Founded in 1868, designed to counter the effects of magnetic fields. These watches were ideal for pilots. The Ingenier model was created for the British Royal Air Force in the 1940s. There are also the Portuguese line, the Da Vinci line, and the Aquatimen series.
- Ulysse Nardin: Founded in 1846, specialty lines include Astrolabium, Galileo Galillel, Minute Repeater, El Toro, and Maxi Marine. The Astrolabium gives both solar and lunar time, demonstrating its complex mechanism.
- Jaeger- Le Coultre: Founded in 1833. Delicate diamonds enhance the ladies’ Calibre 101, developed in 1929. An emboldened lead shape opens and closes to cover the watch face. Stunning, elegant, exclusive. Collections include the Reverso and Polaris.
To learn more about and follow the latest news in the watch industry, a newsletter is available at www.Baselworld.com . Basel, Switzerland is home to the world’s finest annual watch show located in the heart of watch making history. This year’s event is April 30 – May 05, 2020.
Regal Estate Jewelry Buyers remains a trusted buyer of high-value timepieces. We provide our customers a quick, simple way to participate in the resell market. To contact us, please click on the link or call us at 800-475-5389 and let us guide you through the reselling process. You will not be disappointed.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve your needs.
Call toll free: 1-866-475-5389